In today`s society, we are becoming more and more environmentally friendly. And one of the many ways that individuals are doing their part is by purchasing eco-friendly products. Bridgestone`s Ecopia EP422 tire is one way that you can do your part in protecting the environment, while at the same time receiving a great product for yourself. Let`s take a closer look at the eco-friendly Bridgestone EcopiaEP422 tire.
About being eco friendly
One of the largest tire and rubber manufacturer`s in the world, Bridgestone is constantly looking for new ways to better themselves and their products. One of the ways they decided to do this was by making products that were more eco-friendly. While not all of the Bridgestone products are created this way, you can tell eco-friendly tires apart from the rest because they will be given an "eco" designation. But what makes these products more eco-friendly than the rest? The Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire is designed with:
- Improved rolling resistance - this reduces fuel consumption and thereby also reduces emissions
- Reduced tire weight - this means less resources are needed to create the tire
- Environmentally conscious materials
Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire - Features
- NanoPro Tech - A new type of rubber compound, the NanoPro Tech helps to create tighter molecular bonds between different materials within the tire. In return, you receive improved rolling resistance and better fuel efficiency.
- Fuel saver sidewall compound - This is a rubber compound that is found in the shoulders and sidewall of the tire. Designed to return energy to the tire, this feature also helps to improve rolling resistance.
- Silica compound - This helps to increase the flexibility of your tread compound, thereby improving both treadwear and grip.
- Nylon wrapped steel belts - These help to improve ride comfort, as well as increase control at high speeds.
- Recycled rubber - Bridgestone's Ecopia EP422 tire uses 5% recycled rubber from old tires, thereby increasing it's "eco-friendly" name.
When you look on the Bridgestone website, you will find feature ratings for each of their tires. Here is how they rate the features (on a scale of 1 to 10) for the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire:
- Scoring a 10 - Fuel efficiency
- Scoring a 9 - Wear life
- Scoring an 8 - Quiet ride and ride comfort
- Scoring a 7 - Winter performance
- Scoring a 5 - Dry performance and wet performance
The Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire comes with a Platinum Pact limited warranty that will replace the tire for any damages that were under manufacturer's control. Limitations and exclusions do apply.
In sum, the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire is an all season, eco-friendly tire that offers excellent fuel efficiency, combined with a smooth, quiet, and comfortable ride. And while the tire could definitely improve in the area of wet and dry performance, it is a great choice for year round driving and will provide you with great value for the price.
Ramona Tire is your one stop shop for auto repair in Temecula, CA.